Wrinkle Cream Buying Tips
By: John Morris
Before buying a wrinkle cream, it is important to note
that not all creams work the same way. Before you buy,
make sure you know whether the cream affects collagen
or dirt and oil.
1. Collagen Deterioration
As a person grows old, wrinkles develop as a sign of
aging. The outer layer of the skin, called the epidermis,
becomes thin and dry as age progresses. In the second
dermal layer of the skin, collagen and elastin fibers
that provide the skin with elasticity deteriorate. This
is the cause of sagging and wrinkles. More vivid wrinkles
are developed due to the fact that cells in the subcutaneous
layer of the skin gets smaller.
Skin loses collagen as one grows older, and certain companies,
with careful research and study, have developed products
with collagen content to replenish lost collagen in the
skin. There are now a variety of products in cream, water-based
and capsule form that have collagen as their primary ingredients.
But not only can these products replace lost collagen,
they can trigger the development of new collagen in the
2. Dirt And Oil
Free radicals such as dirt and oil can easily react with
other molecules and can cause damage to the skin. Thus,
antioxidants have the function of sweeping out free radicals
before they damage the skin.
Let it be clear though, that antioxidants can not correct
wrinkles, they merely slow down the signs of aging. So
when one reaches twenty five, a consideration to take
in antioxidants is a must. After all, an once of prevention
is worth a pound of cure.
Here are some listings of the best antioxidants for the
- Ascorbyl Acid (Vitamin C) is a water-soluble compound.
Citrud fruits are high in Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E is primarily fat soluble. As skin is high
in unsaturated fatty acids, Vitamin E can protect its
oily structure. Nuts, wheat germ, and fish liver oil
are good sources.
- Vitamin A or beta carotene
- Flavonoids are plant pigments which contain substances
responsible for the colors of certain fruits and vegetables.
What Wrinkle Creams Are Available?
- The elastin collagen day cream nuetralizes the dimissive
and relaxing of the epidermis fibers in the skin. This
particular cream has hop and rhatany extracts which
helps in skin nourishing. Also contains jojoba oil for
- Fruit acid creams are rich in alpha-hydroxy-acids,
such as malic acid from apples and glycolic acid from
sugarcane, that stimulates the skin's surface gently
to encourage new cell growth.
- Hyaluronic acid based face cream which pads and lubricate
the skin. It keeps the skin moisturized, and has vitamin
C and E for protection from free radicals.
- The rosa mosqueta cream has rosa mosqueta oil which
is derived from the rare and precious flower, rosa mosqueta,
which has elasticizing effects on the skin. It is reknown
for its ability to relax the skin, giving it a youthful
- The aloevera based treatment cream improves skin's
firmness and elasticity as well as it protects the skin
from irritation. It does too, replenish the moisture
barrier of the skin.
- Green tea antioxidant cream is an effective herbal
As there a variety of anti wrinkle creams in the market
today, here are guidelines on choosing one that is right
- Consider your budget first. Not all expenssive brands
have the best quality.
- Before buying a product, it is best to see your doctor
first for advice.
- Know your skin type. If you have sensitive skin,
don't just buy any product, as allergies may develop
and that may end up costing you a lot more later on.
About 70% of women have sensitive skin.
Prevention, however, is still the easiet way to fight
wrinkles. One can not avoid the reality, that indeed,
all people age. Following these guidelines, one can at
least age gracefully:
- Plan a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
This is not only beneficial to the skin, but to the
whole body as well.
- If you do smoke, stop. If not, good for you. But
do avoid places where a lot of people smoke. It can
affect your skin and your health as well.
- Always drink plenty of water. At least eight glasses
of water a day is recommended.
- If you think you don't get enough vitamins from the
foods you eat, take vitamin supplements.
- Always take care of your skin, it is your largest
organ and as it is on the outside of your body, it recieves
the most wear and tear. Wash and moisturize daily.
- Stay away from the sun. When outdoors, use sunscreen.
- Have a happy outlook on life. Studies show that stress
and anxiety can affect the skin. So there is some truth
to worry lines.
While it's impossible to avoid wrinkles, you can surely
slow it down. Take good care of your skin as early as
you can. You will thank yourself later on.
Content Provider: http://www.my-articles.com